Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Kindred Spirits

Kindred Spirits
By Gary Graybill


I stood looking out at an endless blue ocean deceptively calm with a soundless flow;

The orange ball of the sun kissed the vast horizon blushing the heavens in a coral glow;

I heard a sound and looked to see a single seagull sailing west on an unseen blow.

It glided effortlessly across the face of the setting sun, calling out to another who was not there;

A kindred spirit chasing west, afraid of the lonely night following as a fox after a hare;

I smiled and wished it well for I too was
afraid of the lonely night and calling to another who was not there.

[You now know why I never became a poet]

Today's Reflection:
I'm nicknaming you Laryngitis because you're a pain in the neck.

Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: