Friday, November 20, 2009

Starting Off.....

I guess the first thing to do is to tell you why I am writing this and give you fair warning about how I think.

I have no clear idea why I am writing this. It is literally an impulse thing. Just a place for me to express passing thoughts. Sometimes it'll be a place to tell a funny story, sometimes a place to vent a little -and sometimes a place where I can just say things I think need to be said.

If you are looking for "political correctness" - keep looking. This is not the place to find it. I believe in being polite and respecting other people and other beliefs -but not if they are rude, destructive or just plain nuts. If I think that's the case, I'll say so.

I guess if you are going to read these posts, one thing you should know from the get-go is that I suffer from what Herb Cain used to call "monkey brain". That is, I tend to swing from subject to subject and thought to thought without much discernible logic or pattern. In other words, I tend to say what's on my mind at any given moment. So, I may be telling you about an experience one minute and then switch into a political discussion the next.

As for your opinions, well, I am fairly open minded on most topics (although I have an acute scene of what I consider right and wrong). If you would like to comment about anything I have written, fell free to do so. I only insist that you keep it polite.

I will add posts here as often as I have something to say (which for me is often). I will try to post something daily, maybe even more than once a day, but no promises.

OK, having said all that I guess if you are still reading the only thing left for me to say in the first post is: "Hi, sit down, kick off your shoes and fasten that seat belt. This is going to be a bumpy ride."

No comments: