Friday, August 6, 2010

Bewildering Talent in Chalk

I want to thank Margaret for the inspiration for today's posting. Not long ago she emailed me some pictures of several "street paintings" done in chalk that had an incredibly real 3D effect --so real that they looked faked or "photo shopped" -but they are not. The man that creates them, Julian Beever, has created these works on sidewalks all over the world from Europe to America to Australia. I was so amazed by the pictures I found a web site displaying some of his drawings. I am posting several of them here for you to enjoy and if you'd like to see more you can find them at www.joevautour.com/funandgames/inbox/chalk.html

When you look at these drawings keep in mind that they are all painted flat on the sidewalk!


Here is a You Tube Clip about him:

Download:
FLVMP43GP
Download:
FLVMP43GP

No comments: