They are accused of conspiring with Navy SEAL Nicholas Bickle of San Diego to smuggle and sell weapons to an undercover federal agent in Nevada and Colorado. "As long as they got paid ... they didn't care if the weapons wound up in Mexico or on the streets of Las Vegas," federal prosecutor Drew Smith told U.S. Magistrate Judge George Foley Jr. in Las Vegas.
Smith characterized Bickle, 33, as a "rogue Navy SEAL" -- an active-duty special warfare operator 1st class who Smith said also worked as a consultant on the Hollywood movie "Transformers 3." Bickle was arrested Wednesday and was due to appear Friday before a federal magistrate judge in San Diego.
Police say a new father faces drug charges because he lit up a marijuana joint, instead of a cigar, to celebrate his child's birth at a western Pennsylvania hospital. Police aren't identifying the man found smoking the pot in a designated smoking area of Uniontown Hospital Tuesday morning, but say he'll face marijuana possession charges. Uniontown police Sgt. Jonathan Grabiak tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that a nurse smelled the marijuana when she took a cigarette break in the same area, and a hospital security guard called police about 3:20 a.m. Grabiak says the man told him, "I'm having a baby and wanted to get a buzz" and then pulled a bag of marijuana from his shoe. The man was released to a family member and made to leave the hospital.
On this day in history in 1932 Walt Disney Art School created; 1935 Commonwealth of Phillipines inaugurated;
1937 1st congressional session in air-conditioned chambers
The Top 13 Signs That You're Being Stalked By A Leprechaun
1. Generic-looking green van parked across the street with Notre Dame bumper sticker.
2. Every time you turn around the pitter-pattering stops and that green fire hydrant seems to have gotten a little closer.
3. Green lipstick marks on the butt of your Dockers.
4. You're being followed by a large woman with a sultry voice and a dying career. (Oops! That's a sign you're being stalked by Chaka Khan.)
5. You don't recall owning an anatomically correct lawn gnome.
6. Card delivered with the bouquet of 4-leaf clovers reads, "I bet you're magically delicious!"
7. When you come home from work, the potatoes are missing from the cupboard and your parrot is singing "Danny Boy."
8. Prank caller has a really corny Irish accent, and Richard Gere has an airtight alibi.
9. Those tiny green hairs on your toilet seat.
10. Sultry voice from shower soap dish asks, "Is that your shillelagh, or are you just happy to see me?"
11. Pink hearts, yellow moons, blue diamonds scratched on your car at knee-level, and Ross Perot is nowhere to be found.
12. Them little green pellets in the litter box ain't M&M's, Chester.
13. Every day this week you've noticed the same buckle shoes dangling just above the floor in the stall next to you.
Live Long and Prosper....