Monday, January 9, 2012

Time to Talk

It has been a while since I had an attack of "Monkey Brain" but I apparently suffered a relapse this morning. My mind is swinging from topic to topic without any rhyme or reason. A friend of mine, one with a bit of a dry wit, suggested that when this hits I should grab a banana. It did not help. I'll just have to give in and dash off a few lines and see where this takes us. 

The first thing on my mind was something I saw on TV last night. Finally, after at least nine months of my harping about this, a cable news program finally mentioned the fact that Iran has an agreement with Venezuela to construct ballistic missile facilities. That means, if Iran is able to construct nuclear bombs and put them in their missiles, some of those missiles could be located on the edge of the Caribbean. Just why the hell no one has been getting excited about this is a mystery to me. It may be that Iranian missiles do not have the range yet to pose much of a threat to the Mainland USA, but just how long do you think it will take them to get that? Are we going to wait until the threat is actual and they really have the ability to strike our southern states? I hope this becomes a campaign issue. People need to know about this and the Imperial Obama Administration needs to be forced into taking action. The idea of Chavez with missiles is bad enough -but Chavez with nuclear armed missiles is just plain unacceptable.

Hey, how about those Saints? They have been playing really great lately. I hope they keep it up and make it to Superbowl again this year. Last year they did pretty well but they were suffering from too many injuries. Luckily that has not happened so far this year. I know, I know, a lot of my readers are from the far site of the pond and think football is better when it is actually 'soccer'. All I can say is, just watch a few of our American football games. It is a real blood sport. Now don't get all PC on me. You know as well as I do that if we were living in ancient Rome most of us would have season tickets to the colliseum.

Have you found a good candidate in the Republican Primaries yet? No? Niether have I. Now that Newt has fallen from gace and Rick Santorum has seen his star rise, they'll probably unleash the dogs of political war on him and tear him up for a while. I guess the best thing to hope for is that it turns into a brokered convention. Maybe stirring the pot will turn up somebody we can believe in. The problem with politicians is that you have to believe one before you can believe in one -and that is not easy.

Live Long and Prosper....

No comments: