Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another Monkey Brain Day...

Sometimes I sit down to turn out one of these blogs and I get a bad case of writers block. I just can't find a topic interesting enough to research and spend time writing about. This is one of those mornings. I have been sitting here for 10 minutes looking at news stories and not finding anything "worthy of my attention..." (yes, sarcasm). 3 times now I have selected something and then could not put together a single sentence that made any sense -only to give up and try to find something else. However, I was in luck today because this morning I have been rescued by an attack of "Monkey Brain". So we'll just follow where that leads. Pour yourself a cup of java (you may need the caffeine) and let's see where the yellow brick road leads us today.

I see the North Koreans are testing a new long range missile. This one has enough range to hit the continental United States (if it works at all). Alarmed by this, the State Department 'informed' President Obama. (Somehow I can see him telling them not to worry because the Continental Congress dissolved a long time ago...yeah, I know, bad joke). At any rate the State Department says that in spite of this announcement they may still plan on delivering half a million metric tons of food to North Korea. It seems they are afraid that without the food the people will starve and that could destabilize the government. --Ah, excuse me Madam Secretary, I have 2 questions, please: 1) What makes them think the food will ever reach "the people" in the first place? and 2) Isn't regime change one of our hoped for goals? -Maybe the State Department is waiting for them to have a "democratic awakening" and vote the old leaders out of office. -I figure the chances of that happening are about the same as my winning the lotto, being bitten my a rattlesnake and eaten by a shark on the same day (I shouldn't joke about that. If I ever won a big lotto, I probably would get bitten by a rattlesnake and eaten by a shark -before collecting the money).

Syria has agreed to the UN Secretary's peace initiative. The day it was supposed to go into place they only killed 87 civilians (that we know about). Any of you who are surprised by their disregard of the demands made by the United Nations (especially those made without having even passed a relevant resolution) are probably still waiting for Ford to come out with a model "U".

Last Sunday was Easter and I hope my Christian friends enjoyed the day (oh, my bad, I actually hope all of you had a nice day). I asked one friend of mine if she was going to Mass that day and she said she was busy getting ready for Easter Dinner so she was planning on watching one on TV to save time. She was joking but somehow I think that said a lot about our society today -but maybe it's better if I don't go there right now. I already have one foot in my mouth and I'd probably get cramps sticking the other one in... Anyway, I did get this nice picture of traditional Easter Services being held on board the USS Constitution (Old Ironsides). -is that a Coast Guard Chaplin in the picture? hmmm...


And to round out the day, a favorite joke that Granddad told me:

Jesus was walking along one day, when he came upon a group of people surrounding a lady of ill repute. It was obvious that the crowd was preparing to stone her, so Jesus made his now-famous statement, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

The crowd was shamed and one by one began to turn away. All of a sudden, a single rock came over the heads of the crowd and nearly hit Jesus.

Jesus looks over the crowd to see who threw the stone and says, "I really hate it when you do that, Mom."

OK, I have probably gotten you as bored with this as I was when I started writing it. I'll try to find something more interesting tomorrow.

Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: