Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Prank Gone Bad

Here is a little story from our friends in South Florida that might amuse you today...

It seems 2 filmmakers who made a video, “Miami Zombie Attack Prank!” that went viral, struck out in their latest attempted prank. You see, the man they tried to punk got angry, very angry, and one of the filmmakers, Jonathan Vanegas, 20, of Delray Beach, wound up spending Friday night in the Palm Beach County Jail on a felony bomb hoax charge.

In the video – titled “Russian Hitman Prank Gone Wrong!” – Vanegas’ film partner, Vitaly Zdorovetskiy of Delray Beach, carrying a briefcase, tells victim Andre Brown that they only have 60 seconds to get away from the briefcase. At first the victim runs along with Zdorovetskiy, but he shouts angrily at both of the pranksters when he’s told that the episode is being filmed. Zdorovetskiy, 20, said he apologized, but Brown, 51, was not amused and not very receptive.

"He attacked me, my camera guy, he threw me on the floor, he threw my camera guy on the floor," Zdorovetskiy said. "I was just screaming back, 'Sorry, I apologize".Vanegas said that he and Zdorovetskiy did not intend for their stunt to incite a violent reaction – or result in his own arrest.

The duo’s video (I posted it below) had nearly 137,000 views on YouTube by Tuesday afternoon. I hope that was worth the price.




Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: