Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Off to West 2013

I'm off to 2013 today. West 2013 is a 3 day Exposition in San Diego showcasing the latest developments in the US Navy, it's readiness and it's evolving mission.

This year there are several presentations and townhall discussions about shifting the Navy's focus to the Pacific. That's something I have been wanting to see for a very long time. I am really looking forward to these discussions which are being lead by some very impressive names. At my last count there will be 13 Admirals, 3 Under Secretaries, the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the Commandant of the Coast Guard, Commander US Pacific Fleet and the Commander of the Naval Special Warefar Command.

There was a time when that many Admirals in one place would have made me as nervous as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair factory. Now I am looking forward to meeting some of them, asking some hard questions and experiencing what promises to be a very informative and enjoyable day.

I'll let you know if I hear, or see, anything good....

Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: