Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thanks for the kind words....

This past week I received several very nice communications about my new book, "Operation: Avenging Dragon". I’ve already replied to each of you separately but I just wanted to take a moment and publically say “Thank You” for buying and reading my book -and for taking the time to send me those thoughtful and nice comments.

Phyllis Downey. I’m glad it was able to hold your attention through that long flight from San Francisco to New Zealand. I have often said that if just one person read it and enjoyed it, I’d consider it a success. I appreciate your pointing out the 2 editing errors (repeated words). I’ll see those are corrected in the next edition.

Dan Shiles. I’m glad you were able to identify so well with the main character. Sean is an average guy who happens to be good at field intelligence work. He is getting on in years and beginning to feel the effects of aging, but that does not slow him down or mean he can't get the job done. I think a lot of us can relate to that. There are not enough characters like Sean in our books and movies these days.

Diego Ruiz. I got a kick that your favorite character was the hard working farmer out in Iowa. Adam Belkin is a composite of farmers I have known and admired over the years. His reaction when faced by the terrorists teaches us a valuable lesson – Don’t piss off a farmer with a Winchester.

Miles Keefer. Yes, the USS Michael Murphy is a real US Navy destroyer – but no –they were not really attacked by the Chinese Navy. If they had, well, I’m quite certain they’d have done even better than they did in my little story.

And to all of you – Yes, thank you, I am bringing Sean and most of the characters back in a sequel that I am working on right now. It should be out this fall sometime. The working title is: "The Zaim Dispatch" and this time the team will be taking on Hezbollah Terrorists in San Diego…..



Once, again, thank you for your kind comments and critiques. Reading those and knowing you enjoyed the book makes all the work worth the effort.
 



--> Oh, and just a quick note to my 'friends' -the ones that have not had 'time' to read "Operation: Avenging Dragon" yet - I just want you to know that there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that I have been in contact with a Voodoo Priestess from New Orleans and any strange growths you begin to experiece have nothing whatsoever to do with your failure to read my book.....


 
 
Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: