Thursday, March 13, 2014

Monkey Brain II

Yes, I guess I’ll have to admit it. The "Monkey Brain" attack has not subsided and has disrupted my daily routine. Instead of just thinking about different things and having my mind jump suddenly from subject to subject without any rhyme or reason –this past day I have been starting one project and then suddenly going off to do another without realizing it. This can be a serious problem at times like taking a shower (–a story for another day). Today we’ll just start writing and see how much trouble I can get in. 

Lent. I have been asked several times now what I am giving up for Lent. That’s strange because I am not, nor have ever been either Catholic, or a member of any other religion that makes an annual sacrifice during this period. Never-the-less, I have decided to give up something just out of respect for the Almighty and for my friends who believe it is important to make a sacrifice to demonstrate your faith. So, for the remainder of these 40 days, I am going to give up being nice to people that ask me stupid or personal questions (this may not be a great sacrifice as I have always wanted to do that anyway, but you gotta start somewhere, right?). 

The Missing Airliner. I just want to make a quick observation. In light of my short missive on this subject recently, I think it is quite interesting to note that the satellite images which may show the location of some of the wreckage came from the Chinese……. I’m just saying…. 

Saint Patrick’s Day. I am getting ready for good old Saint Patrick’s Day. I went out today and got the fixings for Corned Beef and Cabbage as well as obtaining a stock of several Irish beers (yes, Guinness included) –and, of course, some good Irish whiskey. I enjoy this holiday because it appeals to my Irish heritage and because it’s one day when everyone seems to enjoy sharing the good times.

I have a small confession to make. One part I enjoy is watching people try to drink “like an Irishman” –and fail. What they always miss is the simple fact that, as experienced drinkers, a true Irishman knows when to slow down or quit and simply prolong the buzz, giving the impression that they are drunk. This year I am going to keep my Iphone’s video record on instant ready just in case I get a chance to file a few things away for my retirement (and hope no one watching me has the same idea). 

Speaking of Blarney…. I have just received the results of a survey which clearly demonstrate that people who have read my book, Operation: Avenging Dragon, substantially increase their chances of winning the lottery…. 

The Republican “win” in Florida. The Republican candidate (Jolly) won a special election over the Democrat candidate (Sink) for an open Congressional seat. The Republicans are very happy about the win and are claiming this was a foreshadowing of the 2014 fall elections. They may be right, but I would like to point out 2 facts. First: the Republicans have lately developed a very bad habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and Second: Over-confidence has lost more battles than it ever won….. 

Time to quit for the day (I heard that…). Ya all have a great day!
 



Today’s Reflection:
It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
-Walt Disney


Live Long and Prosper...
 

No comments: