Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Lazy Sunday

It is Sunday and I have nothing I need to do today. It's a great day to just kick back and work hard at doing nothing --except watching football. 

I woke up at my usual 4:30 am - something I have done my entire life - and thought, gee, I don't need to get up right away, this would be a great day to catch an extra 40 winks. 

But no, this is the real world and even when you have nothing important to do, you still have those little real-life obligations. In my case, the fact that I get up at 4:30 also means my dog is used to going out at that time and he does not understand the beauty of an extra few minutes in slumber-land once in a while. So, as I rolled over to settle in for a snooze, I got a beagle in my face wangling tail and all. No rest for the wicked.

There should be a couple of great games today. It's lose to divisional championship time. I hope one of "my teams" makes it to Superbowl. By "my team" I mean one of the teams I cheer for during the season. I am a diehard Saints fan but I also like the Broncos, the Patriots, the Cowboys and, of course, the 49ers.The "Niners" were the first team I became a fan of way back in the olden days -you know, when Kennedy was President and you could make a phone call or get a cup of coffee for a dime.

What else is happening? Well, it seems our allies and good buddies in Saudi Arabia, you know, the guys controlling most of the mid-east oil,  have decided they need nuclear energy. If Iran can have it, so can they. Well, our good buddies just signed a deal to start their program (for peaceful purposes only, of course) and they are buying everything from us. Not! They are spending all that oil money we send them to buy everything from  -wait for it... CHINA. Naturally. Now, why does that not surprise anybody? Did you think that just because we sell (give) them brand new military equipment like up to date jet fighters (and provide training and billions in military aid) they might turn to us for nuclear  technology? Think again. It's the middle east after all and our western logic just doesn't work there.

OK, I'll shut up for a while - Ya'll have a great day...





Today's Reflection:
If tomatoes are technically a fruit, is ketchup technically a smoothie?


Live Long and Prosper....

No comments: