Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Election is Over - Quit Yer Bitchin'

Well friends, it’s over. Like it or not, we have all just been a part of the most ridiculous election in the history of the United States of America. 

We, as a democracy, managed to nominate the two most unpopular candidates ever to run. At the time of voting Donald Trump had an “Unapproval” Rating of 58.5% and Hillary Clinton had an “Unapproval” Rating of 54.4%. And we chose the most unapproved to be President. Hillary spent the most money on her Presidential campaign in history and Donald spent an unbelievably small amount. Hillary won the popular vote by about 140,000 out of nearly 120 million votes. Donald still managed to win by getting more Electoral Votes (276 to 218). We are going to be scratching our heads for the rest of our lives wondering just how the hell all of this happened.

Okay, now it’s time to get on with the business of solving our country’s problems. I don’t want to hear a bunch on bragging or belly-aching from either side. 


Listen to me now, it’s time to stop being nasty to each other. Stop using phrases that start with “I hate … “.

We are in this leaky boat together and it’s time we all took turns bailing and rowing. Most people I know are going to slide back into a state of blissful apathy anyway. So, the best thing they can do for the rest of us is just shut up.

As for me, well, I voted. I paid my ticket for this ride and now I’m strapped in with the rest of us and am going to ride this coaster, like it or not. 


I’m going to remember that a lot of very smart people said Donald could not possibly win the Republican Nomination -but he did. A lot of smart people said he could not possibly win the election -but he did. And now many of the same smart people are saying he’ll never make a good President -maybe he will… 

And that is my 2 cents worth. Now I’m going to light a candle, say a prayer, burn some incense, cross my fingers and see just where this adventure takes us….









Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: