· Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.
· You cannot leave your car on the street overnight without the proper permit.
· Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
· City Council order reads: "No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash."
· You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
· It is illegal to spit, except on baseball diamonds.
· Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor)
· Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
· Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
· It is illegal to wash your car in the street. (Passed 1995).
· It is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time.
· You are forbidden to spit on the ground within 5 feet of another person.
· It is illegal to own or sell "Silly String".
· It is illegal to posses, own or raise roosters. This is considered disturbing the peace.
· It is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.
· Cars are the only item allowed in a garage.
· Toads may not be licked.
· You may not hunt moths under a street light.
· It is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church. Breaking this law is punishable by a fine of $500 and/or six months in prison.
· You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
· Zoot suits are prohibited.
· It is illegal to cry on the witness stand.
· It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent.
· Roosters may not crow in the city limits.
· Molesting butterflies can result in a $500 fine.
· It is illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive between the hours of four and six PM.
· It is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss.
· Two bathtubs may not be installed in the same house.
· Motor vehicles may not drive on city streets unless a man with a lantern is wallking ahead of it.
· One may not carry a lunch down the street between 11 and 1 o'clock.
· The owners of houses with Christmas lights on them past February second may be fined up to $250.
· It is illegal to shoot jackrabbits from the back of a streetcar.
· Persons classified as "ugly" may not walk down any street.
· Prohibits elephants from strolling down Market Street unless they are on a leash.
· It is illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
· It is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear.
· It is illegal to have more than two cats or dogs. -Ord. 7.08.595
· You may not play percussion instruments on the beach.
· Ducks have the right of way to cross Rancho California St. at all times.
There's a problem with your face
-I can see it.
Live Long and Prosper...