Thursday, May 11, 2017

Kindred Spirits


Kindred Spirits
By Gary Graybill

 

I stood looking out at an endless blue ocean, deceptively calm bearing an soundless flow;

The orange ball of the sun kissed the vast horizon, blushing the heavens in a coral glow;

I heard a sound and looked to see a single seagull, sailing west on an unseen flow.

It glided effortlessly across the face of the setting sun, crying out for another who was not there;

A kindred spirit chasing west, afraid of the dark and lonely night approaching quietly as a fox stalking a hare;

I smiled and wished it well for I too was
afraid of the lonely night and crying for another who was not here.


[You now know why I never became a poet]






Today's Reflection:
I'm nicknaming you Laryngitis because you're a pain in the neck
.


Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: