Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Yes, I am suffering another “Monkey Brain” attack today

I sat down to try and find something interesting to blog about today when I was suddenly overcome by a vicious attack of the dreaded “Monkey Brain”. Try and bear with me, it will pass soon. 

The first topic my besieged brain fell upon was the government shut down. I have not seen such a display of childishness, grandstanding and stupidity (at the public expense) since the enactment of Obamacare. The Republican Party embarked on a strategy that they admitted from the start would not work. Just how stupid is that? They knew, and openly admitted, that the President and the Democrats would not budge on the issue of Obamacare and because they  controlled both the Senate and the White House no attempt to over-ride or circumvent them would succeed. But the Republicans went ahead and forced the issue anyway resulting in the shutdown of the Federal Government and the laying off of over 800,000 people –people who will not be getting paychecks to meet their bills, pay their mortgages or rent, or put food on their tables. People who will not be shopping, which means the possibility that other people, employed in the businesses relying on that shopping, may very well get laid off as well. Over 100,000 of those people work in the Defense Department –doing vital work supplying our military –which, by the way, is engaged in a damned shooting war! And all that just to make a point about something they knew they weren’t going to change anyway? Stop it already! Try acting like leaders and come up with a strategy to get the support of the independents and the Democrats disgusted with Obamacare and get enough Republicans elected to take back the Senate in 2014 and the White House in 2016. What you’ve done so far is simply make that goal even harder to achieve and to hurt, however temporarily, one hell of a lot of your fellow Americans. 


Brain swings to another topic….. Ian McKellen tweeted and copy of a new poster for “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”. The movie (the second of the current trilogy) is due for release December 13th. I am a Lord of the Rings fan –and an Ian McKellen fan so I will be at the theater munching popcorn and acting like a 13 year old on a first date. But I will be enjoying myself thoroughly and escaping into some great entertainment for a couple of hours. 


Brain jumps again…. My next book, The Zaim Dispatch, will probably not be ready for release until the first of the year. No excuses, it’s just a lot harder to write a book then I thought (and I knew it was hard to start with). I have also already started developing characters and a plot line for my third novel, French Quarter Vendetta, which will be a straight forward murder mystery. Lord only knows when that one will be ready for release. Hopefully sometime before the first frost in the infernal regions… 

Final brain swing…. How about those Saints? Did you see the game Monday night against the Dolphins? Wow. It’s still to early in the season to get too confident, but they are playing great. I haven’t started planning a Super Bowl Party yet –but I am starting to think about a menu…. 

Okay. The Monkey Brain attack seems to be subsiding for the day. Thanks for sticking with me through it. Now go have a really great day! And remember, you sometimes have to do a little work for that to happen. 
 
 
 
Today's Reflection:
The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's in real trouble...


Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: