Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Donation

The staff at a local United Way office realized it had never received a donation from the community's most successful psychiatrist.

The person in charge of contributions called him to try and persuade him to contribute and said, "Our research shows that out of a yearly income of at least $500,000+, you give not a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give back to the community in some way?"

The psychiatrist mulled this over for a moment and replied, "First, did your research also show that my mother is dying after a long illness, and has medical bills that are several times her annual income?"

Embarrassed, the United Way representative mumbled, "Um... No."

"Or," the psychiatrist continued, "that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair?"

The stricken United Way representative began to stammer out an apology but was interrupted when the psychiatrist added, "Or that my sister's husband died in a traffic accident?" the psychiatrist's voice rising in indignation, "Leaving her penniless with three children?"

The humiliated United Way representative, completely beaten, said simply, "I had no idea..........please forgive me......."

On a roll, the psychiatrist cut him off once again, "So if I don't give any money to them, why should I give any to you?"

Today's Reflection:
I think my dog must have a particularly cold nose. Whenever he walks in a room, all the other dogs sit down.

My new murder mystery French Quarter Vendetta is being released Labor Day Weekend in both downloadable Ebook and Print formats!
As part of the new release promotion you can download my espionage novel, Operation: Avenging Dragon for FREE
Labor Day Weekend!

Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: