Monday, January 12, 2015

True Stories …grain of salt…

Ill Defined 1. We were really confused. While transcribing medical audiotapes, a colleague came upon the following garbled diagnosis: “This man has pholenfrometry.” Knowing nothing about that particular condition, she double-checked with the doctor. After listening to the tape, he shook his head. “This man,” he said, translating for her, “has fallen from a tree.”


I was already a nervous wreck about my upcoming surgery. It didn’t help matters when the admitting nurse asked me, “Have you had a hysterectomy before?” –Terry Wisener


Wedded Blitz 7. The minute I walked into the post office, the postmaster noticed the new earrings my husband had given me. “Those must be real diamonds,” she said. “Yes,” I said. “How could you tell?” “Because,” she said, “no one buys fake diamonds that small.” –Deborah Caudell


“What is that sound?” a woman visiting our nature center asked. “It’s the frogs trilling for a mate,” Patti, the naturalist, explained. “We have a pair in the science room. But they’ve been together for so long, they no longer sing to each other.” The woman nodded sympathetically. “The trill is gone.” –KathyJo Townson






Today's Reflection:
Sometimes the first step in  forgiveness is realizing that the other person is a born idiot.



Live Long and Prosper...










No comments: