Thursday, July 9, 2015

I Need a Towel and a Beer

I was watching some people celebrating the 4th of July. They had a 'dunking booth' where they were raising money for some cause and taking great pleasure dunking each other. It brought back memories of many happy 4th of July's over the years. --It also brought back a memory of getting dunked once at a "wet down party" celebrating my promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Commander in the NSCC.

I particularly remember how much fun everyone had watching the platform slip out from under me sending me into a tank of very cold water. That made me look up some pictures of those "good old days" and take a pleasant stroll down Memory Lane.


Today I am going to bore most of you to death by just posting a few of the pictures from my sorted past...

C.O. Hancock Squadron

A snot nosed, know-it-all Midshipman

Yes, the beer helped

setting up

Waiting for the plunge

Cold water and laughter

Looks can fool ya

Waiting for my Mai Tai

Awards are always fun

USS Coral Sea -I'm on the right end

USS Oriskany -I'm in khakis, 2nd from left

Boot Camp the night before these guys graduated

Ah, memories. Good times and good people....
-and no, I won't tell you how long ago some of those pictures were taken
-but it was last century...

Oh, and I know this will surprise you, I found this clip on YouTube and really liked it - watch it and get a little education in American History...


Live Long and Prosper....

No comments: