Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Something Different for a Change

I spent a nice quiet day yesterday just watching some old westerns on TV. I particularly enjoy sitting back to watch some of good old John Wayne westerns. You know the ones: Rio Bravo, El Dorado, The War Wagon, Chisum, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Fort Apache.... there were sure a lot of them. 

Anyway, I can't think of a more pleasant day than to sit with my dog stretched across my lap watching the Duke fight bad guys and Indians.

Well, it was a very nice change from watching the pundits dissect the Republican and Democrat Presidential wantabees  for an election that's a year away -or listening to doom and gloom predictions about the world. 

I read a lot of news letters, op eds, intelligence bulletins and newspaper articles. Too many. Sometimes I just get to the point that I think if I read just one more story about a murder or a rape or a car bombing -or if I hear one more world leader give a speech about the climate or the economy or the United Nations or NATO -or anything else -I'll go take 15 steps off a 10 step pier.

That's when I decide it's time to break out the DVD's and spend time with the Duke. You should try it sometime. It works (but turn off the computer and the cell phone first).

Here is a little taste of one of the more relaxing scenes -The Duke, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson and Walter Brennan -it just doesn't get better....




Live Long and Prosper....

No comments: