Friday, August 19, 2016

A Proud Little Republican

A first grade teacher in the Midwest is explaining to her class that she is a Democrat and how nice it is that a Democrat president is in office. 
She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Democrats and support the President. Everyone in class raises their hands except one little girl. 
"Mary," says the teacher with surprise, "why didn't you raise your hand?" 
"Because I'm not a Democrat," says Mary. 
"Well, what are you?" asks the teacher. "I'm a Republican and proud of it," replies the little girl. 
The teacher cannot believe her ears. "My goodness, Mary, why are you a Republican?" she asks. 
"Well, my momma and papa are Republicans, so I'm a Republican, too." 
"Well," says the teacher in an annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a Republican. You don't always have to be like your parents. What if your momma was a criminal and your papa was a criminal, too, what would you be then?" 
Mary smiled. "Then we'd be Democrats." 
Today's Reflection:
I don't know what your problem is...
but I'll be it's hard to pronounce.
Live Long and Prosper...

No comments: